Application Process Tips
for Social Security Disability
1. Is the person making less than 800.00* per month?
2. Have they been medically diagnosed with a severe impairment?
3. Does their impairment count as a qualifying condition?
4. Can they handle the requirements of any work which they’ve done in the past?
5. If they're under age 50, is there any job at all, of any kind that they can perform?
SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY Applicants must meet all 5 conditions.
- If the person tries and then can’t handle work, that fact can be presented as evidence to support their claim.
- Hearings Judges usually ask what the applicant has been doing to obtain work.
- Most people who apply for SSI Disability get turned down the first time, (regardless of the severity or circumstances)!
- Plan on it being a lengthy process...
Many doctors complete these forms for existing patients for about $30.00 - $40.00* each.
* At the time of this writing. Dollar amounts are likely to change.